In past players could maneuver their villages into a dead end crop supply situation. Reasons for that usually were:
- hero resource production ended because the hero died or was reskilled
- +25% crop bonus ended
- destruction of crop fields, grain mill and/or bakery
In order to keep the following sentences short, let’s call “the crop production available to build or upgrade a building or resource field” .. well, let’s call it “free crop”.
- Free crop equals the production of crop fields including bonuses of grain mill and bakery reduced by the number of inhabitants of the village. So neither the heros production nor the gold feature influence the free crop. The amount of free crop can be seen at the top banner, right after the resource amounts.
- To build or upgrade a building or resource field is only possible if the this would not drop the Free crop below 1 crop per hour.
- Destroying grain mill or bakery via main building is only possible if the this would not drop the free crop below 1 crop per hour. A running destruction order of this buildings already decreases the Free crop.
- Upgrading a crop field always increases the free crop, that is why it may always be build.
- Grain mill and Bakery may be build/upgraded if they would increase free crop.
- Main Building level 1 may be built always.
- If 6 crop fields are level 5 and the amount of free crop is less than 0, then main building, warehouse and granary may be build/upgraded to level 10.
- The hero has a basic crop production of 6 crop per hour no matter how the skill points are set. This basic production follows the same rules as the usual hero resource production. So it’s added to the production of the village that the hero belongs to. But it does not increase the free crop.
- A dead hero still produces 6 crop per hour.
- When a hero is revived then his resource production starts at same time as his crop consumption.
- World Wonders are excluded and may always be upgraded
- Oases resource production boost counts to free crop